Preventative dentistry is vital for keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Routine preventative care needs to be a lifelong commitment. Excellent home care including brushing and flossing is the beginning of a good preventative regimen, but periodic dental visits including a thorough examination, x-rays, and professional dental cleanings are essential to avert potentially serious problems that can lead to tooth decay and loss. Scheduling an appointment every six months is critical to your overall health and well-being. Bluffside Dental in Red Wing, MN can help you stay up-to-date with your cleanings and more.
Ways To Practice Preventative Care Are:
- Brush your teeth two-three times every day with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Fluoride toothpaste is the best to remove plaque and food particles
- Brush your tongue as well – plaque and bad breath germs can build up there
- Floss at least once a day
- Use mouthwash to freshen breath and kill germs
- Eat a balanced diet avoiding sugary snacks
- Raw vegetables, fruit, cheese, and plain yogurt can improve your oral hygiene
- Regular checkups for professional cleanings
- Ask about a special mouth guard to protect your mouth while playing sports
- Ask about sealants that place a protective coating on your chewing teeth
These services will greatly reduce the amount of fillings and other uncomfortable treatments you will need in the future. The dental hygienists at Bluffside Dental will remove plaque and tartar buildup and properly clean your teeth and gums each appointment.
Our goal is the keep your mouth as healthy as possible. Call us today at 651-388-5492 to schedule your next dental cleaning at Bluffside Dental.